The aloe vera plant is a high-sulfur
member of the garlic family. The healing benefits of aloe vera juice gel have
been known for over six thousand years. Cleopatra revered the use of aloe as one
of her best beauty secrets. Further, Alexander the Great brought the aloe vera
plant to the battlefield to treat wounded soldiers. In the United States, aloe
first gained notoriety in the sixties to use as a salve on burns.
Today there are over two hundred scientific research papers outlining the therapeutic
benefits of aloe vera juice gel. Although aloe is ninety-nine percent water, it
also has more than 200 active nutrients and elements that support good health.
Studies confirm that aloe vera heals the skin with its anti-inflammatory properties,
burn healing capabilities and ability to decrease the effects of scars and wounds.
Advantages of topical aloe vera use on the skin include:
* removes dead skin cells
* moisturizes by keeping the skin flexible
* provides oxygen to skin cells, resulting in improved synthesis and skin tissue
* reduces pigmentation intensity and lightens dark spots
* helps to transport healthy elements through the skin with its efficient diffusion
* speeds the healing and repair of skin that is damaged
* fights a variety of infections, including staph and fungus, with its antibacterial
* actually reduces pain with natural anti-inflammatory agents
* adds emollients to up to seven layers of skin for a smooth, moist appearance
and healthy glow
* retards aging by adding moisture and increasing flexibility
* minimizes potential scars and can even reverse scars that are less than five
* balances and tightens skin with certain pH properties that act as a natural
Aloe is an effective home remedy for a wide variety of skin concerns. The gel
from aloe vera leaves can be directly applied to the skin for immediate natural
healing benefits. Topical creams are available on the market that effectively
include aloe gel with other healing ingredients. Many cosmetic products, such
as skin moisturizers, make up, lipsticks, anti-wrinkle creams and lipsticks, incorporate
aloe gel because it offers such a wide variety of skin care benefits. Additionally,
allergies to aloe are extremely rare.
For healthy, smooth, attractive skin, try using products enriched with natural
aloe vera juice gel.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent
any skin disease. Please consult with your dermatologist before starting a skin care regimen.